Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Making Granola


Well, that post title says it all. In the long absence from my blog I have been making granola!  Okay, I did that on exactly two of the days I neglected to write.  But I DID do it.

Granola is a really delicious snack. I eat it cereal style, but I know many who munch it by the handful.  It's incredibly easy to make and can be tailored to fit all tastes.  Some personal faves are cherry almond granola and peanut butter.  Yum.

This evening I made a very simple granola.  Just some oil, brown sugar, cinnamon, slivered almonds, and a little maple syrup.  I started with four cups of oats and then mixed in the dry ingredients.  After everything was evenly distributed, I added the oil and syrup and thoroughly combined all ingredients.

Finally, I spread the mixture on a baking sheet covered in parchment paper, and baked it for 25 minutes at 350 degrees.  I stirred it halfway through.  I know you can find a more precise recipe elsewhere, but really it's so easy that you can just put in a little bit of this and a little bit of that.

After the granola has cooled you can add dried fruit, chocolate chips, or whatever floats your boat.  The options are endless.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment