Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Creeping Jenny

I really don't know much about plants.  I'm not sure if I have a brown thumb, but it's at least taupe.

A few years ago I bought a small, teeny tiny container of Creeping Jenny to add to a few potted plants.  It just lazily dripped out the front.  It wasn't a super attractive arrangement, but I still liked my Jenny.

At the end of the season, my husband and I carelessly moved the flower boxes off the front porch and into the backyard.  Where they sat.  All winter.  Dead.  Covered in snow.  Poor things.

Come spring of that year, my husband replanted them.  I had nothing to do with it.  I remember him being surprised to see some Creeping Jenny peeking out, but I don't recall it being anything spectacular that year.

This year all has changed! The Creeping Jenny  - that impulse buy from years past! - has now grown to massive proportions! I think it wants to take over the world.

This is just one pot.  We have 10.  That Jenny sure is a creeper - and I love her.








No comments:

Post a Comment