Thursday, August 2, 2012

Well Balanced

Well, yesterday yielded some awesomeness and a small disaster.  At least it was balanced!

The disaster came in the form of me cutting my child's bangs.  She has super curly hair (although the top and front are more flat), and I have not taken her to get it cut yet because it's just sort of a cute little poof.  Her bangs are evil, though.  For serious.

I first cut the bangs when she was 15 months old.  Just a few little wisps.  It was all I could bear.

She detests having clips or headbands in and usually rips them out within minutes, so these evil bangs are always going every which way and mostly covering her eyes.

After breakfast I thought I could just do a quick trim.  Just to help her see a little better.  Well, I did a very poor job.  Even the promise of a treat couldn't get her to sit still for more than a few seconds.

This picture doesn't look as bad as it looks in real life.  Hey, at least hair grows back, right?


Now, the afternoon more than made up for the despair I felt at ruining my baby's cute 'do.  My husband came home from work at about 3pm and whisked our little bit off to Henry Ford Museum (http://www.thehenryford.org/) for a few hours of daddy-daughter time.  

While they were doing this: 





I was was doing this: 




Hope your day was just as grand! 









No comments:

Post a Comment