Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Baby's First Fundraiser

We had another fantastic day yesterday. After watering the garden, Baby C and I headed out to the park.  We've been to the park many, many times, but this time was different.  This time we did not take the stroller. Baby walked the whole way.  It's only about 4 blocks away, but I normally bring a stroller just in case she doesn't feel like walking.  Recently I realized that I should be forcing her to walk more.  So we walked.

The walk there was fun as could be.  Slow, meandering, pleasant. The park was a blast. We went on swings, slides, and this strange bouncy thing that I still can't quite figure out.  Really, it sucks.  It should be removed.




The walk home was, well...not as pleasant as the walk to the park.  It wasn't a disaster, but there was a lot of stopping and a lot of requests from a certain little miss that a certain mother pick her up.  Requests denied. Onward soldier!

We made it home to find that Daddy had come home for lunch! Much fun and Baby C's good mood was restored.

After lunch and a quick bath, my tired girl easily went down for a nap.  During said nap, I decided to rest my eyes for just a quick second. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.  Yeah, I passed out.  For over 2 hours.  Sounds awesome, but I was supposed to be doing other stuff.  Ah well.

In the evening, the little girl and I made the hour long trek to my hometown to attend a fundraiser for my dad.  It was pleasant.  I had a margarita.  That usually makes anything pleasant.  My girl charmed others and me.  She did skip dinner though.  I simply cannot figure out how to encourage her to indulge her normally large appetite when we are away from home.  So she went hungry.  Only she said she wasn't hungry.  I was confused.



                                                                                               (Oh, look! She did eat a lemon)



My husband had to work early shift the next morning, so he didn't join us. BUT he did do a ton of awesome yard work while we were gone! From mowing the lawn, to trimming a shrub that has been needing to be trimmed for two years now, he really cleaned up.  Yay him! He rocks.

No comments:

Post a Comment