Friday, August 3, 2012

Morning Hike




My husband had the day off yesterday.  Working in a lab that has to remain open 24/7 allows for a less traditional work schedule.  He works 1 or 2 weekends a month and in return has several week days off.  It's lovely!

Our destination for the morning was Maybury State Park.  It's a pleasant place to hike, but it can't compare to Michigan's Upper Peninsula   One of the things I miss so badly about living up there is the surrounding nature.  Yes, Marquette itself (where I lived) is a city, but it is completely surrounded by gorgeous natural elements.  I lived in a crummy apartment, yet I had views to die for.  Beautiful Lake Superior just outside my window (well, the summer foliage blocked it, but it was there!). 




So, while Maybury is nice for now, I still hope to move back to the U.P. someday.  








No comments:

Post a Comment