Sunday, August 5, 2012

Homecoming



Every year, our town hosts something called Homecoming.  It's a carnival, with two nights of amazing fireworks and an uncountable number of local class reunions.  There are 3 high schools in our city (there are also several private ones, but I honestly have no idea if they have reunions at Homecoming) and numerous graduating classes from each of them gather at Homecoming to reminisce and reconnect.

Neither my husband or I grew up here, but each year come Homecoming time, I wish we had! I don't have much contact with high school buddies (Facebook, of course), and I feel some envy for this yearly, relaxed get-together opportunity.




I was surprised to see a water ride at this small carnival.  It's been a few years since I have attended, so I guess I'm out of the loop on the cool carnival rides.  I looked for the Salt N' Pepper Shaker, Gravitron, and the Zipper, but didn't see them. 


And of course, Cassie had a great time. 





No comments:

Post a Comment